50th Anniversary Reunion
Bowling Green High School Class of '68
We hope to see as many classmates as possible during one or more of the events planned for the weekend of October 5-7, 2018!
UPDATES on this page are in red font color.
June 23, 2018:
a. The finalized reunion dinner menu is posted; details on Details of Events page.
Tell Ron if you have special dietary needs, and he will pass the information along to Stone Ridge so you can be accomodated.
Stone Ridge can provide a vegetarian meal for those who request it ahead of time.
b. The group bike ride around town scheduled for 9:00 am Sat Oct 6 is cancelled for lack of interest.
c. So sorry to report that 3 classmates, who were planning to attend the reunion, have passed away since December 2018. Details on In Memoriam page.
March 13, 2018: The reunion is about 6 months away; time sure flies!
- ALL our classmates have been located and notified! Thanks to the intrepid Judy (Wright) Fisher, and her amazing librarian's research super powers!
- PLANS have been made (see updated summary below) and VENUES are reserved!
- We hope you are planning to attend, but even if you aren't sure you can make it, or if you know for sure you cannot attend, (or if you just don't want to attend), PLEASE write something on the website: Classmate Bios, In Memorium, Guest Book. Your classmates are interested!
- Click on Classmate Bios so you can create a profile and post items on the website. Let us know how you are and what you have been doing over the past 50 years.
- At In Memoriam you could write a few words about classmates who have passed away.
- Please, let us know if you plan to attend at RSVP and your name will appear in the first column of the Who's Coming list. Contact your old pals and convince them to come too.
- When you Buy Tickets for the dinner party, your name will appear in the second column of the Who's Coming list.
- So what if you don't even buy green bananas these days because you're not sure of the future! You could still Buy Tickets. If it turns out you cannot attend the reunion party after all, your advance payment would be a class legacy.
GET READY FOR SOME FUN AND NOSTALGIA!
Friday Oct 5, 2018
7:00 pm: BGHS Homecoming Football Game, where the Class of '68 will be recognized
~9:30 pm if attending the game (or 8:00 pm if NOT attending the game): meet at Brathaus for conversation and laughter
Saturday Oct 6, 2018 (updated June 23, 2018)
9:00 am: FREE painting class at art-a-site!
9:00 am: golf tee time at Stone Ridge Golf Club
2:00 - 3:00 pm: tour of BGHS
5:45 - 6:15 pm: check-in & hors d'oeuvres at Stone Ridge Golf Club
6:15 - 11:00 pm: dinner party & entertainment
Sunday Oct 7, 2018
Noon: picnic in City Park; BYO food and beverage.
(NO alcohol permitted in City Park!)
If you can’t make it to the dinner on Saturday, come to the picnic on Sunday!!!